- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Zouk Mikael, Lebanon
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative - Notre Dame University – Louaize
Organization(s) making commitmentNotre Dame University – Louaize
Achievement of CommitmentThe University has implemented revised curricula in four areas of study:
- Support the development of of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in the higher education sector in Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Build capacity amongst university staff to embed ESD in curricula and pedagogy.
- Review and revise undergraduate curricula to address ESD in line with Bologna and Lisbon processes.
- Assist the coordination and dissemination of ESD policy, research, curriculum reform and practice relating to ESD in the partner institutions that are expected to function as role models in the region.
How this will be achievedSince 2010, Notre Dame University – Louaize (NDU) has engaged as partner from the Arab region in the Tempus project: Reorient University Curricula to Address Sustainability (RUCAS), along with European partners (University of Crete and the University of Athens in Greece, Dublin City University in Ireland, Stockholm University in Sweden, University of Padova in Italy, and the University of Bordeaux 3 in France. Other ‘Arab region’ partners are involved in RUCAS along with NDU (Université La Sagesse from Lebanon, Suez Canal University and Heliopolis University for Sustainable Development from Egypt, and from Jordan the Hashemite University and the University of Jordan.
|Tempus Project: Reorient University Curricula to Address Sustainability (RUCAS)||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of student and faculty dedicated to sustainable development|