- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative - Faculty of Economics University of Ljubljana
Organization(s) making commitmentFaculty of Economics University of Ljubljana
Achievement of CommitmentIn the more operative level, the FELU has:
- Incorporated sustainability in study programmes (undergraduate, graduate level, and also business programmes);
- Been actively involved in the National Research Programme “Climate Change and Its Influence on the Predominant Paradigm in Economic and Business Sciences in Slovenia.”
- Set up an Eco Team, which currently has 92 members;
- Started the Re.think project, which intents to increase awareness of the rational use of resources among students and employees;
- Kicked-off a project of solar-power electricity plant, which serves for 10 percent of FELU’s electric needs.
How this will be achievedThe Faculty of Economics University of Ljubljana (FELU) is aware of its important role it plays in the field of business and economics education. Therefore, it is of its main concern to develop principled leaders for work in globally competitive business environment by combining economics and business education with innovative research while creating and disseminating knowledge in a global society, which is encompassed in its mission.
The importance of passing the knowledge to future generations and fulfilling the set mission is encompassed also with core values, where the significance is also set on commitment to ethics and promoting social responsibility.
The FELU has also engaged itself in the continuous quality improvement processes with the AACSB and EQUIS international business schools accreditations’ standards. Moreover, the school is also committed to PRME and the Six Principles advocated by the United Nations initiative of responsible management education. All of these commitments not only spur higher educational standards, but also provide an opportunity for the school to revise its teaching processes and further improve the quality of its learning environment and the quality of its students.
|Project of solar-power electricity plant||2015|
|National Research Programme “Climate Change and Its Influence on the Predominant Paradigm in Economic and Business Sciences in Slovenia.”||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|