- Submitted by: Maldives
- Primary SD area: Sustainable Energy
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Maldives
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration – Voluntary Commitment by Maldives
Organization(s) making commitmentMaldives, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Achievement of Commitment1. Provide all citizens with access to reliable & sustainable energy services at lowest possible cost.
2. Achieve carbon neutrality in the energy sector by year 2020.
3. Promote energy conservation and energy efficiency.
4. Increase national energy security.
5. Promote renewable energy technologies.
6. Strengthen the institutional and legal framework of the energy sector
How this will be achievedTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|Achieve carbon neutrality in the energy sector||2020|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Other, please specify||In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP.|