- Submitted by: Samoa
- Primary SD area: Sustainable Energy
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Samoa
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration – Voluntary Commitment by Samoa
Organization(s) making commitmentSamoa, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Achievement of Commitment1. Increase the contribution of Renewable Energy to total energy by 20% by the year 2030.
2. Promoting energy efficiency practices in all sectors
3. Increase Public and Private investment on Renewable Energy in transport fuels and electricity generation.
4. Energy regulatory function established.
How this will be achievedTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|Increase the contribution of Renewable Energy to total energy by 20%||2030|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Other, please specify||In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP.|