- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Seattle, United States (The)
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative - Seattle University
Organization(s) making commitmentSeattle University
Achievement of CommitmentSpecific action steps can be found in the university’s Climate Action Tactical Plan:
How this will be achievedWe commit to the Seattle University Climate Action Plan. The plan goals are to:
1. Educate undergrad and grad students about sustainability and climate change in our curricular and co-curricular programs. Co-curricular programs include athletics, recreational sports, student activities, housing and residence life, career services, multicultural affairs, commuter and transfer student services, leadership development and many more.
2. Reduce greenhouse gas emissions 12% by 2020 and 51% by 2035. Operations includes our buildings, solid waste, vehicles, business and athletics air travel and commuting.
3. Share our increasing knowledge and expertise on sustainability more widely through partnerships and community engagement.
|Seattle University Climate Action Plan||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|