- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Geneseo, United States (The)
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative - State University of New York College at Geneseo
Organization(s) making commitmentState University of New York College at Geneseo
Achievement of CommitmentIn January, 2012, President Dahl, in consultation with campus leadership, designated the existing Sustainability Task Force as a presidential commission, to be known as the Presidentís Commission on Sustainability. Executive Assistant Becky Glass will serve as the Presidentís liaison to the Commission, and Vice President Jim Milroy will work closely with the Commission in its projects. Community partners include the Livingston County Chamber of Commerce and the Geneseo Village leadership.
How this will be achievedPresident Dahl charged the Commission to advance their work in the following areas:
1.Create a Statement on Sustainability to be shared with the community and to assist us in policy-making.
2. Expand the sustainability web page to continue the education and outreach that stems from an attractive, readable, and informative site.
3. Develop a Communication on Progress, in collaboration with Provost Long and with Professor Jassawalla of the School of Business, that demonstrates Geneseoís commitment to the UN Global Compact.
4. Complete the Climate Action Plan progress report in early 2012 and help the College comply with the American College and University Presidentsí Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
5. Collaborate with Vice President Milroy and Assistant Vice President Stooks on facilities and operations projects such as LED lighting, natural areas on campus, and sustainable building practices.
6. Continue to explore and implement curricular initiatives to enhance student knowledge about sustainability.
7. Continue and expand campus programming and community engagement projects such as the LIve Green Expo, Earth Day/Earth Week celebrations, and the Finger Lakes Project Conference.
|Statement on Sustainability||2015|
|Finger Lakes Project Conference||2015|
|LIve Green Expo||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|