- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Villejuif, France
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative - EFREI
Organization(s) making commitmentEFREI
Achievement of CommitmentEfrei is currently setting up a sustainable development strategy for the years 2012Ė2015. The elaboration and implementation of Efreiís sustainable development approach will be coordinated by Efreiís foundation humaníIT and Efreiís managing director. A progress report including the evolution of the key performance indicators for each project will be established at least once every year. A part from initiative taken by Efreiís management and staff this strategy is based on contributions of Efreiís student body through the 43 student organizations (field projects) as well as the support of Efreiís corporate partners (consulting and funding).
How this will be achievedOur roadmap, which is organized in academic years, includes the following steps:
- 2011/12 Setting up of a sustainable development strategy
- Definition of goals, organizational structures and resources
2012/13 First steps and plan of action
- Introduction of sustainable development contents into parts of the core curriculum (innovative and research projects of the Master 1 and 2 years, internship reports) and as an elective minor.
- Reinforcement of the existing sustainable development actions of Efreiís student organizations (Conferences on green IT issues, Computer waste avoidance, Car sharing, etc.)
- Implementation of a waste recycling system
- Analysis of critical practices of Efrei, its departments and the 43 attached student organizations. Identification of possible improvements. Definition of a plan of action.
2013/14 and 2014/15 Implementation of the plan of action.
- Management and roll out of projects as specified, continuing improvement of existing projects.
|Annual Sustainable Development Reports||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|