- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Tsu city, Japan
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative - Mie University
Organization(s) making commitmentMie University
Achievement of CommitmentThrough a campus-wide effort, Mie University became certified as a UNESCO Associated School in August 2009 and has been committed to relevant activities since then. In other words, while being active as an UNESCO Associated Schools Project Network (ASPnet) member, we have been expanding and deepening the Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) activities by taking advantage of features as a comprehensive university. In addition, through these activities, we are fulfilling out the University Social Responsibility (USR). ESD activities at Mie University mainly consist of (1) Environmental Education, (2) Multicultural Education, (3) World Heritage Education, and (4) Future Heritage Education.
How this will be achievedThe SUSTAINABILITY PROJECTS BETWEEN 2012 and 2015:
1. Educational Support - Supporting Elementary Schools (Applicants for ASPnet) in the region:
We cooperate with local educational institutions so that we promote the environmental education and the career education.
2. Educational Support - Activate the ESD:
We are conducting the practical energy environmental education for elementary schools, junior high schools, high school and universities.
3. Educational Support/ Exchange Activities - Activate of Multi-cultural Society:
At Mie University, Japanese students support international students through the Study Support, they can learn the languages and culture in the mutual communication.
4. World Heritage Education - Inheritance for the World Heritage Site; Kumano Kodo:
This is the opportunity to communicate with each other and exchange ideas and information with Mie University students, teachers in Mie, and NPO personnels and also to study about the World Heritage Site, Kumano Kodo.
5. Mie University ASPnet Symposium:
The symposium is held to promote and activate the ASPUnivNet activities, there people exchange opinions and information.
6. Forming Global Human Resources Symposium:
Mie University is holding the symposium for considering and re-recognizing about the goal of Forming Global Human Resources.
|Global Human Resources Symposium||2015|
|Mie University ASPnet Symposium||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|